Saturday 16 March 2013

A Memory So Cherished.



Gone forever the broken, flinted, dusty road,

into a new world  I passed,

dodging the claws of bracken’s brethren,

moving silently through the mist,

My breath caught sight of itself,

whistling whispers, with the elegant pines

that dizzied me,

I twirled as they turned.





Flashing beams, warmed my face,

A sprinkling of sparkling

from frosty clothes,

closed my eyes,

their lids like geometric roses,

cascaded to the ballet above,

I swayed in silence,

cold knees creaking softly, as the trees danced,

hissing their whispers in my ears.



Listening between the sunbeams,

my heart beat felt strong to me,

the whooshing of blood fading into the background,

There was no interruption of pace,

as the deer leaped by,

their file storing away my breathe,

causing my heart to leak into the forest,

lost forever.



When I close my eyes,

roses return a gift to my heart,

The treads of secret animal tracks,

emblazoned there, twist my yearning,

I cry as I did then,

the memory of my knees

on the blanket of pine needles,

sobbing silently,

my tears froze in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment